Welcome to GrabMyBooks
The software that allows you to grab content off the web into your eBook reader
You just bought a nice eBook reader and you realize what a fantastic piece of equipment it is. It doesn't tire your eyes, it has a very long lasting battery and is easily carryable.
So now you just want to fill it with good content. That's where the problem is. You only have a few options available:
- Buy a book from one of the popular online stores.
- Download for free a very old book.
- Try and convert content from other sources with most of the time poor results.
Don't worry, the solution is here, GrabMyBooks is an application that allows you to grab content from the web and easily convert it in an epub file fully compatible with your reader.
GrabMyBooks is available as a Firefox and Chrome add-on or an Android app.
Here is a glimpse of how GrabMyBooks works:
- Select automaticaly or manualy the content to extract from the web sites you visit or from rss/atom feeds.
- Visualize and edit your book.
- Get your epub / mobi file ready to be transfered to your ebook reader.
- Enjoy a nice reading time !!!
GrabMyBooks for Firefox got updated to version 1.8.2
- Technical update.
- Bug fix for Wikipedia images not being correctly grabbed.
- Bug fix for book email delivery.
- Improvement of the book autosave mechanism.
- Possibility to configure the text alignment.
You will need to have at least java 6 installed because a small piece of software called GrabMyBooks Tools is needed for the extension to work.
So download the GrabMyBooks extension from the chrome store.
Then once installed, there is a new menu with an ereader icon.
Click on the first item of the menu My Book.
It will display a page allowing you to get the GrabMyBooks Tools java program.
This program has to be running for GrabMyBooks to be able to work.
GrabMyBooks is then ready to create multiple ebooks!
- A free lite version where you can grab up to 5 articles per book.
- A paid version with unlimited articles per books.